ISO Certification Process - Steps to ISO 9001
Here is a brief explanation of how to become ISO 9001 certified:
- A client requests and completes an ISO 9001 application via web, phone, or email to receive a no-cost, no-obligation quote from PRI Registrar.
- After reviewing the quote with one of our sales staff, the client accepts and signs the quotation and returns it to the PRI Registrar office. (contracts are typically accepted for a three year term.)
- Your sales representative will schedule the initial assessment
- An auditor will then be assigned, taking into consideration factors such as geographic location, industry knowledge, and scope experience.
- All Registrar clients are assigned a client manager. Your personal client manager will contact you within a week of your signing.
- Client managers will assist you with audit coordination throughout the certification process.
- 45 days prior to the audit, a member of the PRI Registrar team will alert the client to print and make available to the auditor all required documents, located in the EQM system.
- Thirty days prior to the audit, the auditor will forward a copy of the audit plan to the client. The audit is performed in accordance to the audit plan.
- Upon completion of the audit, the auditor generates an audit report identifying any non-conformances (NCR) to the ISO standard.
- The report and NCRs are entered into the PRI Registrar's online EQM system.
- The client works with the auditor to resolve any NCRs using the online EQM system.
- The audit documentation is then reviewed by a third party expert for approval. (assessments and re-assessments only.)
- Once the expert approves the closure of NCRs, the certificate of registration is issued and sent to the client.
- The auditor works with the client to set up subsequent surveillance audits to assure adherence to the ISO 9001 standard.
For more information about the steps to becoming ISO 9001 certified, call us at 724-772-1616 or contact us online.