Environmental - ISO 14001
Health & Safety Standard - OHSAS 18001
In recent years, PRI Registrar has experienced an increase in requests for certification to environmental and health and safety standards. As our business community becomes more aware of our responsibilities to keep our environment clean and our workplace safe, PRI Registrar has responded by offering registrations to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Organizations have experienced the many benefits of incorporating these environmental and health and safety measures into the workplace. Listed are just a few of the benefits:
- By reducing waste and using fewer raw materials, costs are reduced.
- Fewer costs give companies a competitive advantage.
- By managing environmental issues before a problem arises, companies benefit from reduced liability.
- Companies registered to ISO 14001 set a clear example of being responsible which leads to customer trust.
- Companies that are environmentally responsible benefit from an improved public image. This can be used to benefit the company from a marketing perspective.
- By identifying hazards and evaluating risks, OHSAS 18001 contributes to providing a safer, healthier work environment. This should help reduce lost time due to illness and injury.
- The management of health and safety becomes more transparent by taking results of investigations and turning them into action plans to minimize accidents.
- Fewer accidents and injuries lead to reductions in liability claims and lower insurance premiums.
- OHSAS 18001 increases credibility by having health and safety assessed by an independent party.
While PRI Registrar offers services that will determine if your company is compliant to OHSAS 18001, we do not currently offer a formal certification.
For more information about ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001, please contact is at 724-772-1616 or contact us online.