ISO 9001 Quality Standard
PRI Registrar is a world class ISO 9001 registrar providing registration and certification. So just what is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is a quality standard maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and is administered by accreditation and certification bodies like PRI Registrar. The rules are updated periodically to accommodate changes in the business environment. Some of the requirements include:
- Procedures that cover all key practices in the business
- Monitoring those procedures to ensure effectiveness
- Keeping adequate records
- Checking output for defects, and implementing corrective actions as needed to Prevent recurrence if defects are found
- Periodic review of the overall quality management system and the processes within the system to measure effectiveness
- Implementing a continuous improvement program
When an organization is certified and found to be in conformance with ISO 9001 that organization may publicly state that it is “ISO 9001 certified” or “ISO 9001 registered”. Certification to an ISO 9001 quality standard does not guarantee quality of end products and services; however, it certifies that formalized business processes are being applied.
Although the ISO 9001 quality standard originated in manufacturing, it is widely applied to a variety of products, not just physical objects, but products such as services or software.
The most current version of the ISO 9001 quality standard is ISO 9001:2008.
To learn more about ISO 9001 certification, call us today at 724-772-1616 or contact us online.