Steps to Certification
The steps to achieving certification to the aerospace standards are relatively the same as that for ISO 9001. The process is described below:
- A client completes and reviews an application via web with a Sales Engineer. The client then signs a three year quotation. Then our Scheduler will schedule your initial assessment.
- An auditor will then be assigned, taking into consideration factors such as geographic location, industry knowledge, and scope.
- All Registrar clients are assigned a client manager. Your personal client manager will contact you within a week of your signing. Client managers will assist you with audit coordination throughout the certification process.
- Thirty days prior to the audit, for ISO audits your audit plan witll be available in RMS and for AS audits your audit plan will be availale in OASIS. The audit is performed in accordance to the audit plan.
- Prior to the start of the audit, the client will receive instructions for registering their company in the OASIS database; the client must complete this registration before the certificate can be issued. (This step only applies to AS clients only)
- Upon completion of the audit, the auditor generates an audit report identifying any non-conformances (NCR) to the standard. The report and NCRs are entered into RMS for ISO audits and OASIS for AS audits. The client works with the auditor to resolve any NCRs using either RMS or OASIS.
- The audit documentation is then reviewed by a third party expert for approval. (Assessments and Re-assessments only.)
- Once the expert approves the closure of NCRs, the certificate of registration is issued and sent to the client.
- The auditor works with the client to set up subsequent surveillance audits to assure adherence to the standard.