Aerospace Standards AS9100 – AS9110 – AS9120 – AS13100
The Aerospace Standards are a series of quality standards based on ISO 9001 and developed by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) to provide international consistency and address the specific regulatory, safety and reliability requirements demanded by the aerospace sector.
While many aerospace standards exist in business, each standard serves its own purpose and is essentially aimed at maintaining the reliability and quality of products and services that surround the world of aerospace.
Conformance to aerospace standards is required for an organization to conduct business within the aerospace industry. The requirements of the aerospace standards include a working Quality Management System (QMS) with emphasis on continual improvement and periodic audits. The basic idea behind the Quality Management System is that processes performed within an organization should be documented and that those processes should be followed as such. In short, document your process and follow the process.
Since the inception of the aerospace standards program, the manufacturing community has experienced many benefits, while enhancing the mission of safety and air-worthiness.
Benefits to seek:
- Aerospace standards require the documentation of procedures to identify corrective actions whenever defects occur, which leads to a decrease in defect rates.
- The result of fewer nonconforming products is less rework and rejected products, as well as a decrease in the cost of production.
- Documented procedures make learning easier for new employees – the procedures eliminate "guesswork" with structured documentation.
- Companies registered to aerospace standards experience access to new markets, since the markets serving aerospace favor companies who have chosen to become registered.
- Like ISO 9001, companies who are registered to aerospace standards have increased customer satisfaction.
- Aerospace standards contribute to the atmosphere of cooperation in the industry through the sharing of "best practices" throughout the industry.
- Companies that register to aerospace standards demonstrate a commitment to deliver quality products and services to their customers, which benefits the entire aerospace community.
PRI Registrar offers certification to 3 aerospace standards: AS9100, AS9110, AS9120 and AS13100.
You can learn more about certification of each of these aerospace standards by clicking the specific standard above or you can call us today at 724-772-1616 or contact us online for more information.