ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
ISO 14001:2015 is the globally recognized environmental management system standard. Certification is ISO 14001:2015 is an effective way to demonstrate to stakeholders your commitment to the environment.
The standard requires organizations to identify their environmental aspects and impacts then set objectives and targets aligned with your processes to achieve your goals. ISO 14001:2015 is also based on the plan-do-check-act cycle, like ISO 9001:2015, and can be integrated with other quality or health & safety management system standards or managed as a stand-alone system.
ISO 14001:2015 is a great tool to assure focus on regulatory compliance and also requires a broader consideration to drive continual improvement of environmental performance.
Organizations implementing ISO 14001:2015 have experienced many benefits. Here are a few benefits to seek:
- Reduce waste and use of raw materials lead to reduced costs
- Reduced liability by proactive and improved management of your environmental aspects and impacts
- Demonstrate commitment to environment to customers leading to trust and competitive advantage
- Maintain or build company image as an environmentally responsible organization
- Drive continual improvement of environmental performance of the organization