Increasingly, data breaches are a significant risk to an organization’s operational continuity. Technologies are constantly changing and the need to implement an adaptable information security system is critical to enabling the use of these new technologies in a safe and confident manner.
Information Security Management System Certification demonstrates your commitment to your stakeholders that you have implemented a world-class risk-based data security management system.
The internationally accepted Information Security Management System standard (ISMS) ISO/IEC 27001:2022 (2013) specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system within the context of the organization. It also includes requirements for the assessment and treatment of information security risks tailored to the needs of the organization. The requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2022 (2013) are applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size or nature (i.e., manufacturing and service organizations).
ISO 27001 has been updated to the 2022 version. PRI Registrar recently received ANAB accreditation for ISO/IEC 27001:2022. Transition audits to the new standard revision will begin in early 2024.
Additional related information security standards PRI Registrar provides unaccredited certification to:
- ISO 27017 is an international code of practice for cloud-based information that establishes clear controls for information security risks. For cloud-service providers already certified to ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 27017 is a complementary standard that helps reassure clients of their information safety.
- ISO 27018 Personally identifiable information (PII): Cloud services providers that process significant volumes of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) can be certified to ISO 27018, alone, or in conjunction with ISO/IEC 27001 and/or ISO 27017. This international code of practice establishes controls for information backup management, information recovery and erasure, procedures for customer disclosure and more.
Benefits of certification:
- Protect company image – Minimize risk of negative impact due to data breach
- Recognition of implementation of the globally accepted risk-based data management system
- Achieve competitive advantage – Promote your certification accomplishment
- Meet customer and shareholder expectations for data security risk management
- Proactive strategy to support business continuity of your organization
- Supports compliance to data privacy regulations (i.e. GDPR, HIPPA, others )
- Increase risk awareness to reduce staff-related information security breaches