ISO 9001 Quality Standard
PRI Registrar is a world class ISO 9001 registrar providing registration and certification. So just what is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is a quality standard maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and is administered by accreditation and certification bodies like PRI Registrar. Some of the requirements include:
- Procedures that cover all key process and activities of in the business
- Consider risks and interested parties
- Monitoring those procedures to ensure effectiveness
- Keeping adequate records
- Checking output for defects, and implementing corrective actions as needed to prevent recurrence if defects are found
- Periodic management review of the overall quality management system and the processes within the system to measure effectiveness
- Implementing a continuous improvement program
When an organization is certified to ISO 9001 that organization may publicly state that it is "ISO 9001 certified". Certification to an ISO 9001 quality standard does not guarantee quality of end products and services; however, it certifies that formalized business processes are being applied.
What is the benefit of becoming certified to ISO 9001? Here are a few of the many benefits to seek:
- Creating documentation so that work is done properly each and every time creates a more efficient, effective operation. Each employee, no matter how large or small the company, can benefit from documented processes.
- Companies who are focused on delivering quality products and services increase customer satisfaction and retention. Happy customers are repeat customers.
- ISO 9001 certification can be used as a marketing tool to promote quality to end users. Customers are more likely to do business with an ISO certified company than one who is not.
- Becoming certified to the ISO 9001 standard raises quality awareness among employees and motivates them to attain quality objectives. Corrective action and preventive action help to keep quality objectives in the minds of employees.
- Implementing ISO 9001 reducing waste and increasing productivity leading to greater profits.
ISO 9001 is used by organizations of all sizes to deliver high quality products and services.
To learn more about ISO 9001 certification contact us today at 724-772-1616 or online.