ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standard
PRI Registrar is a world class ISO 9001:2015 certification body.
ISO 9001:2015 is a quality standard maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and is administered by accreditation and certification bodies like PRI Registrar. Some of the requirements include:
- Procedures that cover all key process and activities of in the business
- Consider risks and interested parties
- Monitoring those procedures to ensure effectiveness
- Keeping adequate records
- Checking output for defects, and implementing corrective actions as needed to prevent recurrence if defects are found
- Periodic management review of the overall quality management system and the processes within the system to measure effectiveness
- Implementing a continuous improvement program
When an organization is certified to ISO 9001:2015 that organization may publicly state that it is "ISO 9001:2015 certified". Certification to an ISO 9001:2015 quality standard does not guarantee quality of end products and services; however, it certifies that formalized business processes are being applied.
What is the benefit of becoming certified to ISO 9001:2015? Here are a few of the many benefits to seek:
- Creating documentation so that work is done properly each and every time creates a more efficient, effective operation. Each employee, no matter how large or small the company, can benefit from documented processes.
- Companies who are focused on delivering quality products and services increase customer satisfaction and retention. Happy customers are repeat customers.
- ISO 9001:2015 certification can be used as a marketing tool to promote quality to end users. Customers are more likely to do business with an ISO certified company than one who is not.
- Becoming certified to the ISO 9001:2015 standard raises quality awareness among employees and motivates them to attain quality objectives. Corrective action and preventive action help to keep quality objectives in the minds of employees.
- Implementing ISO 9001:2015 reducing waste and increasing productivity leading to greater profits.
ISO 9001:2015 is used by organizations of all sizes to deliver high quality products and services.