ISO 9001 – Steps to Certification
- Client completes and reviews an ISO 9001 application via web application in RMS with a Sales Engineer. The client then accept a three-year quotation. Then the Scheduler can schedule your initial assessment.
- An auditor will then be assigned, taking into consideration factors such as geographic location, industry knowledge, and scope experience.
- All Registrar clients are assigned a client manager. Your personal client manager will contact you within a week of your acceptance. Client managers will assist you with audit coordination throughout the certification process.
- Thirty days prior to the audit, a copy of the audit plan will be available to the client in RMS. The audit is performed in accordance to the audit plan.
- Upon completion of the audit, the auditor generates an audit report identifying any non-conformances (NCR) to the ISO standard. The report and NCRs are entered into the PRI Registrar's online RMS system. The client works with the auditor to resolve any NCRs using RMS.
- The audit documentation is then reviewed by a third party expert for approval (assessments and re-assessments only).
- Once the expert approves the closure of NCRs, the certificate of registration is issued and sent to the client. The auditor works with the client to set up subsequent surveillance audits to assure adherence to the ISO 9001 standard.
Click here to download the ISO 9001 Steps to Certification!
For more information about the steps to becoming ISO 9001 certified, call us today at 724-772-1616 or contact us online.