Steps to ISO Certification
In order to acheive ISO certification, please review the following steps:
- Once a client completes an ISO application in RMS, a Sales Specialist will review the application and issue a quote. The client then reviews and accepts a three-year quotation so the Scheduling staff can schedule the initial assessment.
- An auditor will then be assigned, taking into consideration factors such as geographic location, industry knowkedge, and scope experience.
- All Registrar clients are assigned an Account Specialist. Your personal Account Specialist will contact you within a week of your acceptance. The Account Specialist will assist you with audit coordination throughout the certification process.
- Thirty days prior to the audit, the client is notified that a copy of the audit plan will be available for the client in RMS. The audit is performed in accordance to the audit plan.
- Upon completion of the audit, the auditor works with the client to set up subsequent surveillance audits to assure adherence to the ISO standard and they generate an audit report identifying any non-conformances (NCR) to the ISO standard. The report and NCRs are entered into RMS. The client works with the auditor to resolve and NCRs using RMS.
- The audit documentation is then reviewed by a third party expert for approval (Inital and Recertification audits only).
- Once the expert approves the closure of the NCRs, the certificate of registration is issued and the new certificate is sent to the client.
Click here to download the ISO 9001 Steps to Certification!
For more information about the steps to becoming ISO 9001 certified, call us today at 724-772-1616 or contact us online.